Tuesday 17 September 2013

Day 260 | Nostalgia

There is nothing glamorous or fancy about Bhutta, but it does have that great sense of drama when the corn on the cob is slowly roasted on a bed of red hot charcoal. Occasionally the red charcoal catches fire and the little tongues of these burning flames licks the sweet kernels with great hunger! In between the roasting you hear a sudden pop noise when few kernels which greedily plumped up bit too much under the loving touch of flame! With some kernels charred and smelling of smoke, the Bhuttawala dips the lime piece in a bowl that contains the salt and red chilli powder mixture or if you are really adventurous, in a bowl of chutney made of super spicy and potent green chillies ground with sea salt. The little swirls of smoke rising from the freshly roasted Bhutta when the Bhuttawala rubs the lime wedge is a pure magic to all senses! Magic, yes, magic is the word I would use for this humble Bhutta that never fails to live up to its high expectation of taste sensation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Namaste and thank you for visiting Pratibimba, my Project 365 blog. This is my honest desire to capture and document little snippets of my life. Things that inspire me, reflect my life and made me look twice… One photo a day, for 365 days…

I welcome all your valuable inputs and constructive criticism as long as it is meant to help and improve the blog. I reserve the right to delete any comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam.

I hope that you will stop by again to say Hello! Thank you once again.

Warm Regards
Sia